Friday, January 2, 2015

It All Hinges

For this altered book page, I started with a wash of acrylic paint in burnt sienna and quinacridone nickel azo gold mixed together.  I stenciled over that with pink acrylic paint using one of Julie Fei Fan Balzer's stencils, then added some circles with gesso.  I have a lot of fun strips of watercolor paper which I had dredged through some distress stains to color them, so used them on top of the circles.  Paper doilies make a great addition, so I cut one into 2 pieces and used each piece on the spread.  I also have accumulated a lot of cotton doilies and like to use parts of them as an additional layer.  I added the buttons and hinge on top of the pieces of cotton doilies, and then added a little journaling finish it off.  I hope you like it:-)

No comments: