Monday, September 20, 2010

Pewaukee and Locks of Love

Wow, seems like it’s been a really long time since I wrote anything on my blog. I had written about the Mid-summer’s brush event in August, but just posted it this week. Since then, I participated in the Pewaukee plein air event, and Debbie, Chuck, Troy and I had a wonderful time. I sold one of my paintings right off of my easel. Always a good thing. On the first evening of the event, we all met at Seesters Mexican Cantina and had margaritas…..too many margaritas. Debbie was sloshed, I was rather wasted, and Chuck and Troy were okay, but quite buzzed.
Latest news is the WPA Déjà vu exhibition (photography and pastels combined), opened on September 16th at the One Way Café, and we received really good feedback from the attendees. From what I understand, Sandy, owner of the One Way Café, wants to make it a yearly event.

Saturday, I took 3rd place at the art competition at the Locks of Love event at Beyond Studio in downtown Waukesha. It was a really nice event…Chuck and I took Ahnna to it and we had fun dancing, making chalk paintings on the street, and listening to the wonderful music (blues mostly), but a shame it wasn’t very well attended.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, you have an excellent blog! I just started my own Art blog and noticed you liked art as well, maybe you can check it out =)
Thank you