Thursday, December 18, 2014

All Creatures Journal Page

When I paint small works of art for the Art*Bar exhibition, I'll try to do a variety of subjects, but songbirds are one of my favorites, and I like to keep track of them by uploading onto the computer.  When I'm in an art journaling mood, sometimes I will make miniature prints of my "serious" paintings and incorporate them onto my pages.  That's the story of this page.

I added strips of gelli prints onto an unprepared book page, then layered some pieces of vintage doily, an ATC and fussy cut the image of the Goldfinch and placed it on a dark purple background.  I recently started using old playing cards as ATCs, and like the look of this one on the left page.  Looking back, maybe I should have incorporated a bird figure on that page too.  Oh well!

No comments: