Thursday, December 18, 2014

Be Kind Journal Page

Sometimes I journal as if I'm leaving important messages for my grandchildren.  I want them to be kind, brave and honest, among other positive traits.  I want them to speak up for themselves, and as I'm writing this, my mind is formulating a journal page titled Speak Up.  But for now, I'll post this page that began with a coat of gesso, then some distress ink around the edge, gessoed circles over that, then colored with watered down acrylic paint allowed to drip down the pages.  I added some strips of scrapbook paper, then some altered playing cards, and a fussy cut of a nuthatch painting I completed several years ago. I also used a piece of floral fabric under the nuthatch instead of a piece of doily.  I wrote across the whole page before adding the collage elements on top.


No comments: