Saturday, March 20, 2010

Crashing the Art Bar Birthday party

Chuck and I stopped by the Art Bar this evening to pick up my paintings from the WPA exhibition which ended this last Thursday. Lo and behold they were having a 6th anniversary party of the opening of the Art Bar. Free food, and free choice of wapatuli (fruit juicy but will knock you on your butt), house wine, or beer (Spotted Cow no less)!! Needless to say, I wanted to call all my friends and tell them the good news, but since we were already party crashers, decided to just stay and have a good time with some of the bar regulars such as Darcy, Dan, and Derek. Darcy is a hoot, warm and friendly and funny. She, along with Kara (who bartends), made us feel completely at home. Chuck and I don't usually hang out at bars, but we had such a good time, I want to repeat the experience.


Anyway, after 3 wapatulis, I was having a really, really good time, and Chuck and I were laughing quite a bit.
Then we went next door to "2" and drank the artists' drink of choice..... none other than......the infamous absynthe!!! My face is numb, and now I must go to bed.

No comments: