Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Oil painting class

My first class with Lorin Willey was a blast! He’s so energetic and enthusiastic about sharing his painting knowledge! I took a small canvas and a pretty simple sunset to do because I didn’t know what to expect, but was bowled over by his energy and teaching style. What’s best is that he is teaching everyone to develop and paint in their own method, not his method. Sooooo cool. So now when I paint, I don’t have to ask myself “what would Fred or Jim do, I just have to make the decision based on my own knowledge, or lack thereof. Or I could ask myself what advice I think Lorin would give at this moment.


So now I’m really looking forward to the next class. Would like to start a larger project, but have to go through my photos first to see what “grabs” me. Should probably tint a canvas or 2 while I’m at the studio tonight too.


The Martini Girls Salon had an opening this last Sunday at the gallery in St. Mark’s Episcopal Church on the east side, but we really didn’t do any business. I think it’s because we really didn’t do any PR or marketing for the event. I can’t even remember if I put it on Facebook. Well….next time.

No comments: